Maxis Managed UC: Microsoft 365 E1 promo FAQ
What is the Microsoft 365 promo?
The Microsoft 365 promo is an offer from Microsoft for six months access to Microsoft 365 free. As a Microsoft strategic partner, Maxis will assist you in activating the offer and onboarding your organisation in adopting the suite, which includes Microsoft Teams. The terms and conditions of the promo will remain at Microsoft’s discretion.
What is the duration of this promo and who is eligible?
The promo will run from 4 May – 30 June 2020, and offer the following:
For new Microsoft 365 customers with more than 300 users:
Office 365 E1 licenses; six months free with one-year commitment
For new Microsoft 365 customers with fewer than 300 users:
Microsoft 365 Business Basic licenses, six months free with one-year commitment
What will I be billed on month seven (the end of the trial)?
You will begin to be billed monthly for the Microsoft 365 licenses, at the rate similar to the start of the promo. For example, if you took up the offer on May 1 2020, come December, you will be billed at the rate in May, regardless of whether or not there was a price increase in between.
What do you mean by ‘new Microsoft 365 customers’?
A new customer is an organisation that is not subscribed to any of the following products in the past 30 days (from the time of sign up):
- Microsoft 365 E1 (formerly known as Office 365 E1)
- Microsoft 365 E3 (formerly known as Office 365 E3)
- Microsoft 365 E5 (formerly known as Office 365 E5)
- Microsoft 365 F3 (formerly known as Office 365 F3)
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise (formerly known as Office 365 ProPlus)
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic (formerly known as Office 365 Business Essentials)
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard (formerly known as Office 365 Business Premium)
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium (formerly known as Microsoft 365 Business)
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business (formerly known as Office 365 Business)
- Exchange Online Essentials
- Exchange Online Plan 1
- Exchange Online Plan 2
Which organisations are not eligible for this promo?
Organisations may not qualify if they:
- Do not meet the new customer definition described above
- Are a syndication partner customer
- Are a GCC, GCC High, DoD or EDU organisation
How many licenses can be acquired through this promo?
For enterprise organisations who qualify for Microsoft 365 E1, there is a 3000-license limit for the promo, after which normal license rates apply. For smaller organisations who qualify for Microsoft 365 Business Basic, the license limit is 300, in line with the current seat limit for that license. All licenses are subject to a one-year commitment.
How is this promo different from the earlier Office 365 E1 trial offered by Microsoft?
This promo replaces that previous offer effective 4 May 2020. Customers who have previously activated that trial will not be affected by this change.
May I use a custom domain name with the trial?
Yes. You may use a custom domain name in place of microsoft.com. We will assist you in setting up your custom domain name.