Terms & Conditions (“T&Cs”) – Maxis ONEBusiness Fibre Pre-Installation Internet Offer
Date: 17 April 2020
- Offer(s): If you sign up for any new MaxisONE Business Fibre Plan(s), you will get free Wireless Broadband service during the Offer Period until the MaxisONE Business Fibre is installed and activated.
- Offer Period: The Offer is valid from the date hereof (a) until the end of the COVID-19 Movement Control Order announced by the Government of Malaysia (“MCO”) or (b) for a period of 4 months, whichever is earlier.
- Eligibility: New and existing Maxis Business Customer(s) who sign(s) up for the Plan(s) during the Offer Period.
- Plan(s): This Offer shall apply to any of the following MaxisONE Business Fibre plan(s) which can be found at https://business.maxis.com.my/fixed/onebusiness-fibre/:
- Maxis OneBusiness Fibre 30Mbps
- Maxis OneBusiness Fibre 100Mbps
- Maxis OneBusiness Fibre 300Mbps
- Maxis OneBusiness Fibre 500Mbps
- Maxis OneBusiness Fibre 800Mbps
- By subscribing to the Offer, you agree that the Offer and use of the Service(s) are bound by the terms and conditions in this T&Cs which shall form an integral part and to be read together with the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all can be found at https://business.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/business/.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this T&Cs, the GTC, SSTC and STC shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this T&Cs, the Plan(s), our pricing and/or any other applicable charges. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan(s) and Service(s) at www.maxis.com.my/tnc), including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or Plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same.
Use of Service(s) and Equipment
- Upon signing up for the Plan(s), you will be provided with one (1) unit of Maxis ONEBusiness Fibre Residential Gateway (“Router”) with the embedded Maxis ONEBusiness Wireless Broadband SIM card (“SIM Card”) (collectively, “Equipment”).
- The Router shall only be used by you together with the SIM Card and not individually at any one time.
- You agree and acknowledge that your use of the Wireless Broadband service during the Offer Period will be subject to the SSTC for MaxisONE Business Fibre Broadband Plan(s) which can be found at https://business.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/business/business-solutions/onebusiness-fibre/.
Charges, Cancellation and Return of Equipment
- You will not be charged for the use of the Service(s) during the Offer Period only.
- If you wish to cancel the Plan(s) subscribed under the Offer at any time during the Offer Period or before the installation and activation of the MaxisONE Business Fibre service, you may do so by contacting Maxis at 1-800-82-1919 (“Cancellation Request”) and a cancellation charge of RM200 (“Cancellation Charge”) shall apply to you.
- Within 14 days from the Cancellation Request, the Equipment must be returned to Maxis in a good working condition following which Maxis’ Maxpert team will collect the Equipment from you. If you do not return the Equipment or if you return the Equipment but it is not in good working condition as determined by Maxis at its absolute discretion, you will be charged for a penalty of RM500 or such other charge as may be notified to you by Maxis (“Equipment Penalty”).
- You agree and undertake that the Equipment returned to Maxis:
- will be in good working condition;
- will be free from physical damage, except for fair or light wear and tear (for example, it does not have liquid damage, a physical cracks or any intentional damage);
- comes with its full set; and
- does not have any missing, disassembled, customised, or non-original parts.
- You agree that we have the absolute discretion to decide whether the Equipment can be accepted or accepted at an additional charge or not accepted at all by us. You agree that our decision is final and that we will not entertain any queries or appeals.
- In the event that Maxis is unable to install the MaxisONE Business Fibre service, the Cancellation Charge will not be imposed on you. However, the Equipment must be returned immediately to Maxis in a good working condition, failing which the Equipment Penalty shall apply.
- If you wish to continue to use the Maxis Wireless Broadband at home after the Offer Period, you must subscribe for (a) MaxisONE Go Wifi service (https://www.maxis.com.my/broadband/maxisone-go-wifi/); (b) Maxis Home Fibre (https://maxis-fibrenation.my/home-fibre-internet/) or other Maxis Service(s). In such event, you are not liable to pay for the Cancellation Charge, provided that you –
- cancel/terminate the Wireless Broadband Service under the Arrangement and return the Equipment in good working condition to Maxis, failing which the Equipment Penalty shall apply; and
- enter into a new agreement with Maxis and the new agreement between you and Maxis will be subject to a fresh minimum period of service based on the prevailing charges and further terms and conditions imposed by Maxis.
- We reserve the right to impose charges for the Service(s) if the MCO exceeds a period of 4 months and in such event we will notify you on the charges accordingly.
- For data allocated with the Plan(s) within the Offer Period, you acknowledge and accept:
- For each individual Maxis ONEBusiness Fibre Wireless Broadband SIM Card, if the data usage exceeds 300GB in a month, Maxis may at its absolute discretion limit the quality of video streaming to standard definition during peak hours.
- The Wireless Broadband service shall be used during the Offer Period for domestic data usage only. You agree that you shall be liable for any additional usage charges other than the Wireless Broadband service.
Things we may do to the Service(s)
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service(s) for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service(s) if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis Fair Usage Policy (at www.maxis.com.my/FUP); or
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.
- shows usage in any device(s) or equipment other than the Equipment.