Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Portable Business Wifi Service
Version [18 Apr 2017]
- The Service(s): comprises of the Portable Business Wifi Service (“Portable Broadband Service”).
- You: Business Customer signing up for the Service(s).
- The use of the Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Summary Terms & Conditions (“STC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/tnc/business
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
Definitions and Interpretation
- Unless the context otherwise requires, the highlighted words shall have the following meanings:
“Portable Business Wifi Service” or “Portable Broadband Service” means a mobile broadband data service delivered wirelessly through a SIM enabled Wifi modem. It applies to local data usage only. The following services are excluded: local and international Voice/SMS services and IDD call usage charges. SMS usage charges and additional services as subscribed by you shall be charged in addition to the Service(s) applicable charges.
“Service Commencement Date” means the date the Service(s) are made available to you as notified by Maxis to you.
Provision of the Service(s)
- Subject to acceptance by Maxis of your application for the Service(s), Maxis agrees to provide the Service(s) to you, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- The Service(s) is available in certain coverage areas. Before signing up, please call 1919 (through your Mobile Device) or 1800 82 1919 or log onto http://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/internet/maxis-network-map.html to determine if you are within the coverage area.
- The Service(s) speed is on a best effort basis. The typical average speeds are:
- (a) for the 75Mbps 4G LTE modem, between 10 to 30Mbps;
- (b) for the 42Mbps modems, between 2 to 10Mbps;
- (c) for the 21Mbps MiFi and PortaFi modems, between 1 to 5Mbps;
- (d) for the 7.2Mbps USB modems, between 500kbps to 2Mbps.
- Total Internet quota for each Service(s) is specified during point of sales as contained in the sales material and the rate table on our website at http://www.maxis.com.my/en/business/products-and-services/fixed-data-internet-solutions/wireless-broadband.html. Once your allocated Internet quota finishes, the speed will be managed to a lower speed until your next billing cycle. To continue enjoying the Service(s) at regular speeds, you can opt for additional quota via online purchase through the One Business Hub and MyAccount Portal (mylaunchpad.com.my) or other channels as we may inform you from time to time.
- If subscribed for the Service(s) packaged with unlimited Facebook, you will experience regular speeds for unlimited access to Facebook, even after the allocated Internet quota finishes. To ensure all our users enjoy quality browsing experience, we will not assure constant connectivity if you use peer-to-peer or file sharing programs.
- Unless otherwise provided herein, the Service(s) shall not include the provision or maintenance of Your Equipment to connect to the Maxis Network. You agree that you are solely responsible for procuring and maintain Your Equipment.
- Maxis does not guarantee or warrant: (a) the availability of the Service(s), (b) continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the internet and (c) the data stored in the Maxis Internet Server will be backed up.
- Maxis reserves the right to suspend the Service(s) or any part of them for operational or technical reasons or in an emergency.
- You are ineligible for the Service(s) if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- This Service(s) is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- The Service(s) is available with a modem or SIM only plan.
- The Charges for the Service(s) shall be at the rates as offered to you by Maxis in accordance with Maxis’ prevailing policy. The applicable Charges and rate table guide payable for the Service(s) shall be as specified on our official website at http://www.maxis.com.my/en/business/products-and-services/fixed-data-internet-solutions/wireless-broadband.html, or as otherwise notified to you by Maxis from time to time. Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes and GST.
- The Charges shall commence on the Service Commencement Date, subject to prorate from Maxis. You are responsible for payment of all Charges associated with the Service(s).
- A deposit of RM500 is chargeable for Non-Malaysians subscribing to the Service(s).
- The modem provided under this Agreement are on a “while stocks last” basis, subject to Maxis terms and conditions and comes with a 1 year warranty. Maxis reserves the rights to change the modem model from time to time.
- The 1 year warranty does not cover: (a) the SIM and modem holder; (b) damage, loss or defects caused by any act, omission, misuse, negligence including usage of the modem contrary to instructions provided by Maxis or the manufacturer (as set out in the modem’s user guide); and/or (c) other acts beyond our reasonable control.
- Please visit your nearest Maxis Centre should you have any issues with the modem.
- If you discontinue the Service(s) before the expiry of the 12 months period, you will not need to return the modem. However, you will be subject to the early termination charge as stated in clause 8.
Additional Features & Requirements
- Your bills are available in electronic format at the One Business Hub and MyAccount Portal (mylaunchpad.com.my) and a copy will be sent to your nominated email address.
- The Service(s) comes with SMS services where the Maxis’ pay-per- use (PPU) policy will apply.
Term & Termination
- The Minimum Period of Service for the Service(s) with a modem is 12 months from the date of activation and will continue until terminated in accordance with this Agreement. You will be charged RM200 charge if you terminate the Service(s) before expiry of the 12 months period.
- To discontinue the Service(s), you can walk in to any Maxis Centre or call us on 1800 82 1919.
- For any planned interruption of Service(s), adequate notice will be provided via notice on our official website at http://www.maxis.com.my/en/business/products-and-services/fixed-data-internet-solutions/wireless-broadband.html and/or any other mode of communication as we may deem appropriate.